Rocks and Basic Scenery Made Easy DVD - Dave Frary
I show you the tools and techniques needed to build rocks on your model railroad. This video is chock-full of easy step-by-step methods for adding realistic rocks to your layout. I show you how to install the rock castings, color them, and then add details to blend them into the surrounding scenery.
Topics covered are:
• Build a lightweight scenic support.
• Use Rigid Wrap to cover the scenic base.
• Cast rocks in rubber molds.
• Apply the rock castings.
• Use lightweight Gypsolite for scenic texture.
• Paint the rocks, a revised guide using his water-soluble methods.
• Detail around the rocks with foam putty.
Each DVD contains a Quick Reference card listing the tools and materials used, paint mixing formulas,
and addresses of suppliers. 50 minute DVD