The Motor Vessel White Swan was built in 1922 by Burger Boat Works of Manitowoc, Wisconsin for William Williamson and sailed for the Oriental Mills, also of Manitowoc, makers of White Swan Brand flour. She was used to haul flour in bags and barrels for delivery to customers on Lake Michigan. While she looks like a steamboat at first glance she was powered by 4 cylinder diesel engine, likely a Kallenburg which were built in Wisconsin and were common in fish tugs. In 1946 she was sold to the Lyons Transportation Company and used to haul logs from Northern Michigan and Wisconsin. Some time in the early 1950s she was repowered with a newer diesel engine, make unknown.
In November 29, 1956 she went aground and was wrecked at Ile aux Galets (Skillagallee) in northern Lake Michigan, while bound for Petosky,Michigan from Lime Island. The engine was salvaged the following spring and the hulk was allowed to slip into deep water and sank.